Sunday, January 17, 2010

Food in My Teeth

I am currently working on playing through the hours of west coast hipster confessionals that my friend has caught on video over the winterbreak. My general concept for this project is to create a video documentary that comments on current youth subcultures in the United States and their relationship with consumerism. My main focus is on the 'Hipster' subculture which started off in the 50's as a counterculture resisting the white collar dumbing down of individuality.

My initial idea was to make a video very similar to another video I had made for class which was also a commentary on American consumerist culture.

Please feel free to check it out as it provides a general overview of the way I want to present my observation of current youth subcultures. I hope to be able to translate the fact that I am an outside observer (not a citizen of the United States) into the video as my personal opinions regarding the matter is a direct result of my unfamiliarity with it.

1 comment:

  1. Embed the video so we can all see it easily!Is it fashion or religion or both?

    ReplyDelete