Monday, January 25, 2010

That Crazy Man


The so called science loony, Buckminster Fuller really reminds me of my dad. I don't know if that's a good thing or not but there is something about the way he tried to explain triangles that reminded me of my father who, to this day, refuses to use deo or soap because it's just not "what nature intended".

Mr.Fuller was not crazy. He was adventurous, perhaps a little foolhardy but in the end, an inspiration to the people. The interesting thing about Mr.Fuller is that he never really "invented" anything that changed the world but he certainly had ideas that paved the way for those who want to change the world today. It was not so much his actual inventions but his attempts and his ideologies that makes me want to be him (almost). When I saw the film documenting his life, I just couldn't stop thinking about his tenacity and conviction towards his projects and how I really wish I had the balls to be like him and confront life as a series of experiments. Nothing about his trials or exploits intrigues me more than the way he wasn't afraid to present the world with his outlandish ideas. I feel as though every artist or creator must look at his life and gain inspiration to let go a little.

1 comment:

  1. His vision that he needed to do something to help humanity always seems key. It made his associative streaming of ideas make more sense. Thinking out loud for the world to hear.

    ReplyDelete