Sunday, February 7, 2010

My very own Hipster Mag: Post Modern Now

So, I guess I have changed my mind about doing the mouths video. I started working on it and the prospects seemed highly uninspiring. I guess it could be kinda funny but I'm not willing to make bets on it.

So now, instead of that, I am going to make a fake hipster magazine. So far, I have worked on the cover and brainstormed a few ideas for potential articles that will be featured in the magazine. All the advertisements and artwork will be photographed or created by me, but I will have a few of my friends write the articles. I hope it will be interesting.

A few ideas for features:

Josh Youngren: the top 10 albums of 2011
Sivanich takes on Vonnegut
Evan Micheal Tracy "I hate living." and "My life's a joke but I know it."
Special fashion spread: the post hipster

4 comments:

  1. Will it be a zine or a magazine? Be as outrageous as possible. Feature great design!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to do a magazine with glossy pages and a lot of fake advertisements. I am really excited about this. I have come up with a bunch of outrageous ideas and am working on them. Yayyy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is great. The pic of Liam is so fitting with the subtitle. If it were real, I'd subscribe right now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its great that students in our class such as yourself, are working on projects such are the magazine. I think that the end result will be something that you can take on with you, and maybe continue to practice after graduation maybe at a company.

    Going to these different cites is a wonderful chance that you have to be direct in a differnt environment where you can take pictures as you need.

    Would you also argue that magazines themselves are a sub divison of persona targeted mediums or more geared towards journalism/entertainment/pop culture...

    ReplyDelete